Student and Family Portals
Online Tools to Support Student Academics
What is the Source?
The Source is an online system used by Seattle Public Schools. Through the Source parents, guardians, and students may view attendance, secondary student grades and schedules, and tools such as SchoolPay and the student data verification form.
Who can get an account on the Source?
- Parents and guardians of students actively enrolled in SPS may set up an account.
- Students actively enrolled in SPS will receive a username and password at school. Students will log onto The Source with their student account. If your student did not receive their student account, please have them see their school librarian or teacher.
What is Schoology?
Schoology is Seattle Public Schools’ learning management system. Schoology helps teachers communicate with families and students about day-to-day coursework.
- Teachers may post assignments, messages and calendar items.
- Teachers can easily share files and links with students, families and fellow teachers.
- Schoology allows students and teachers to engage in two-way conversations and class discussions.
Students will be registered automatically to their teachers’ courses, and will log on with their school username and password.